Sunday, May 02, 2004

Phase 1.2, Day 2

********************

Breakfast: leftover Mediterranean chickpeas; diet Dr. Pepper

Midmorning snack: hot coffee with half-n-half

Lunch: mesclun salad with tomatoes, cucumber, celery, red bell pepper, walnuts and hemp oil/balsamic vinegar dressing; mug of green tea

Midafternoon snack: V-8 with calcium, with a T of flax seed meal stirred in. Not as goopy or disgusting as feared, since the V-8 is already pretty thick. I think I've found a new way to incorporate more flax seed into my diet!

Another snack: the rest of the toasted yellow-eyed beans, which did NOT age well

Dinner: Malaysian restaurant meal, including peanut and bean sprout salad, stuffed fried tofu, sauteed spinach, and a tofu-vegetable stir-fry.

********************

I went to a road race with my boyfriend this morning (he won second place! Yay!) and I turned down not only the usual bagels and oranges, but tons of muffins, and *free Ben and Jerry's ice cream.* I think I should have been given a trophy just for that.

Then, for dinner, I turned down dessert at Cold Slab Creamery. *And* a proffered bite of green tea ice cream at the restaurant, which I love. Satan was definitely trying to tempt me today!

No comments: