Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Phase 1.2, Day 4

********************

Breakfast: Boca burger with salsa

Lunch: broccoli and tomato salad; large bowl of tomato-vegetable soup; diet raspberry Snapple iced tea [from Food Court]

Midafternoon snack: hot coffee with silk; 1/4 c walnuts

Dinner: tofu stir fry with broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, summer squash, snow peas, and cashews; diet Snapple lime green tea [from Food Court]

Late night snack: spring greens salad with cashews, garbanzo beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, olives, and oil and vinegar dressing [from Food Court]

********************

My site meter on this blog allows me to see the "referral page" for visitors to this site. I can't tell who has visited (though I can tell their internet service provider), but I can tell where they came from! I discovered this fairly recently, and have become entranced by it.

Most of the referrals are unsurprising; they usually come from my postings on the Microsoft South Beach Diet Group Board. But what's really fun is the search engine referrals. Again, most of these are pretty ordinary: people looking for "vegan" and "south beach diet" turns up my site, naturally. Or, people will be looking to see if a particular food item is allowed on this diet. So, they might look for "South Beach" and "beer" or "papadum" or "coffee."

But some of the searches are so delightfully random! One guy (I assume it was a guy) was looking for Michelle Rodriguez's bra cup size, and the poor fella found me instead. Another person wanted to learn how to reduce methodone-induced food cravings, and wound up here. Yet another was looking up something about marsupials.

I can safely laugh at these people behind their backs because I can't imagine the poor, misled souls will actually be back! But just in case the methodone user happened to stick around--congratulations on kicking a terrible habit! And I expect you'll find the South Beach Diet makes you feel better in the long run than heroin did... though to be frank the heroin probably worked better for weight-loss.

No comments: