Saturday, February 21, 2004

Phase I, Day 1

------------------------------------
Weight/Measurements:

Weight: 134 pounds
Bodyfat: 29.0% (scale isn't the most reliable in the world, but whatever)
Waist, holding in stomach like I normally do: 28.5 inches
Waist, letting it all hang out: 30
Waist around my belly button, holding in stomach like I normally do: 32
Waist around my belly button, letting it all hang out: 34
Hips: 38
Chest: 32
Bust: 38.5
Thighs: R22, L21

------------------------------------

So I'm a pretty classic apple; I pack it all into the waist. Supposedly, the SBD takes it all off the belly first. Like the 8-13-pounds-in-two-weeks promise, this doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But to be fair, I haven't read the author's justification for it. For me, at any rate, it will probably be true, simply because in any diet, where you put it on is where you will take it off. My earlobes shouldn't be getting any svelter.

Bizarre Fact I Learned About Myself Today: my right thigh is bigger than my left. Why would that be?

********************
FOOD EATEN:

Breakfast: tablespoon of almond butter, some diet Dr. Pepper to wash it down, a cup of black tea

Midmorning snack: Gardenburger "sausage" patty

Lunch: 3 oz Trader Joe's baked asian tofu; 1 c Trader Joe's gazpacho

Midafternoon snack: 1 stalk celery with 2 T modified hummus, 2 modified mini veggie "quiches" (to see my vegan recipes for these, go here and here)

Dinner: 2 cups chili with TVP & kidney beans (see recipe here)

Dessert: tofu creme (4 oz. lite silken tofu, blended with 3 packets splenda, cinnamon and almond flavor)

Midnight snack: 4 vegan mini quiches

Exercise: none

********************

OVERVIEW OF THE DAY: I felt full all day, with plenty of energy--despite the fact that I ate fewer than 1000 calories. I did not exercise. I took 4 citrical calcium tablets and basic vitamins, and I tried to keep on top of fluid intake. I did not skip any snacks or meals, even though I wasn't hungry. (Supposedly, this diet works at least in part by keeping your metabolism on a constant slow burn, so missing meals/snacks is counterproductive.) I bought tons of ingredients at the store today, so I should be set for the next week. I look forward to seeing how Day 2 goes!!

(Post script: after I wrote the overview, at about 12:30 a.m., I got really thirsty, and pretty hungry. So I drank a lot and ate 4 of the mini quiches I had made.)

2 comments:

cathy said...

A calorie ratio of 40 percent carbohydrates, 30 percent proteins, and 30 percent fat minimizes your glycemic load (insulin) and thus the fat you retain. This balance also provides the three key macro nutrients needed to keep a body in hormonal balance.

Anonymous said...

great post