Thursday, February 26, 2004

Phase I, Day 6

********************

Breakfast: a few spoonfuls of baba ghanoush, can of V-8

Midmorning snack: 4 brazil nuts; cup of green tea

Lunch: tofu/cashew stir fry from food court. Thought I'd try a smaller portion than my usual. Regretted it.

Midafternoon snack: can of V-8

Dinner: cup of leftover restaurant chili from last night; 1 T almond butter

Exercise: none

********************

I was reviewing my goals for this diet. I listed that I wanted to "feel better." I don't know why I said that. I feel fine. I just felt shallow saying I wanted to lose 14 pounds and look good in a bikini. So to pretend I actually care about this diet for health reasons, I wrote that I'd like to "feel better." The truth is, I will "feel better" if I don't "feel tubby."

So today: peed a lot, ate a little. (I think I was overdoing it on the water.) Felt hungry at lunch, but for the most part, I had no problem sticking to the diet. It really is impressive how well the SBD kills hunger. I wonder, will it stay that way? Or will the caloric deficit catch up to my brain soon, and leave me ravenous?

No comments: