Saturday, February 28, 2004

Phase I, Day 8

------------------------------------
Weight/Measurements:

Weight: 131 pounds
Bodyfat: 29.0% (no change -- but again, not reliable)
Waist, holding in stomach like I normally do: 28.5 inches
Waist, letting it all hang out: 29.5
Waist around my belly button, holding in stomach like I normally do: 31.5
Waist around my belly button, letting it all hang out: 33.5
Hips: 37
Chest: 31
Bust: 38
Thighs: R22, L21

------------------------------------

My first set of measurements, and they are about what I expected. I've lost three pounds. My guess is that 2 pounds of it is fat (and hopefully not muscle), and about a pound of water. Probably more like half and half, gauging by my calorie count for last week, but hey, I'm an optimist! (I ate about 8000 calories last week; maintenance as I've said is a little under 14000. This leaves a deficit of a little less than 6000, or about a pound-and-a-half of fat.)

Where did it come off? Naturally, part of it came off the two pockets of fat I'd be more than happy to keep--my boobs. I lost a half an inch there. But God is good, so a full inch came off my chest, giving me a net *contrast* of +.5 inches! That happy trend, sadly, can't continue, since I'm pretty much showing bone on the chest already.

The rest came off almost exactly where I'd like: a half inch all around off my midsection. A bit more off my hips, and I guess I did have a little to lose there (my fighting trim is about 36-37 inches in the hips.) Nothing off the thighs, but I don't put my weight there. I still have the freakish difference between right and left. I'm wondering if the bulk in the right thigh explains why I tend to get running injuries in my right knee and right lower back -- the imbalance must affect my stride (more power/muscle on the right).

At 120 pounds, I usually have a 27 inch waist. That means that the rest of my fat loss should start coming off of there now, rather than off my hips and chest, where I had less to lose. (If more keeps coming out of my bra, I'm going to be pissed.)

So on net, I'd call this good news! I've lost a couple of pounds, without ever really feeling hungry. On a normal diet, I'd be so obsessed with food I wouldn't be able to think of anything else. This positive feedback should be just what I need to keep me on the straight and narrow for the weekend.

********************

Breakfast: Gardenburger breakfast patty with guacamole

Midmorning snack: 3 oz baked asian tofu from TJ's

Lunch: V-8

Midafternoon snack: celery and full-fat hummus

Dinner: restaurant appetizers (mediterranean dips with veggies, beets with goat cheese, asparagus with roquefort, sundried tomatoes with mozzarella, vegetable puree)

Exercise: none

********************

It's just plain not possible to eat at the times I should while on this trip. And as I expected, I became a cheater-head, eating cheese for dinner. But I didn't cheat on the SBD part. It was easy to stay motivated, since I had such nice news on the scale this morning.

No comments: