Thursday, April 22, 2004

Phase 2, Day 47

********************

Breakfast: grapefruit with splenda; mug of green tea

Lunch: barley, split pea and vegetable salad; guacamole; baked yams; diet raspberry Snapple iced tea [from Food Court]

Midafternoon snack: one peanut butter cookie

Dinner: 2 slices rye bread with hummus; lettuce, cucumber, tomato and olive salad; black beans with mango/plantain; a glass of champagne

Exercise: none

********************

Well, my hip is not a stress fracture. The sports doctor thinks it's bursitis, caused by one leg being slightly longer than the other. I'm going to do physical therapy for about a month, and possibly get orthotics.

I'm much relieved to hear it isn't broken. While I understand that beliefs about vegans and calcium are overstated, it's hard not to be paranoid, imagining my bones crumbling to dust with each passing non-dairy day. My doctor was too polite to roll her eyes at me, but I could tell she thinks my worry about not getting enough calcium because of my veganism is silly. She told me to just take pills--which as a woman I'm supposed to be doing, anyway.

It's good to be wrong!

No comments: