Sunday, April 25, 2004

Phase 2, Day 50

********************

Breakfast: leftover Mediterranean chickpeas

Midafternoon snack: 2 TJ's peanut-butter filled "oreos"; small cup of coffee with sugar (but no milk! Trying my best to develop a taste for black coffee!)

Lunch: spring greens salad with cucumbers, tomato, red bell pepper, pistachios, olives and hemp oil/balsamic vinegar dressing; mug of orange-spice rooibos tea

Midafternoon snack: Trader Joe's Italian baked tofu; diet Dr. Pepper

Another snack: grapefruit with splenda; mug of orange-spice rooibos

A final (I hope) snack: a Gardenburger "diner" patty topped with guacamole; diet Dr. Pepper

Exercise: 1 hour on the elliptical, at a relatively flat incline, going slooooow

********************

Like I'd be stupid enough to buy a whole package, but Trader Joe's is making these amazing oreo-type cookies, but instead of funky white stuff in the middle, it has PEANUT BUTTER. {cue Hallelujah Chorus} When you shop there, they always have free coffee and sweets. And often, as in this case, the sweets are vegan. I guess if you're reading this, it's because you're dieting, so I didn't do you any favors by telling you that. Oh, well; I can't resist the urge to share the misery-tinged joy!

Anyway, today was a whacky, snacky kinda day. I gave in to my urge to graze, figuring I'd just nibble instead of eating dinner. Doing it that way, I didn't eat all that many calories; at least not relative to the last few days.

I also used the elliptical for some exercise. The doctor said I could try it, so long as it didn't irritate my hip. I kept the inclination very low, and went slow, and didn't have any problems.

No comments: