Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Phase 2, Day 18

********************

Breakfast: 1/2 low-carb bagel (by my best estimate, made of sawdust instead of flour) spread with almond butter; mug of hot coffee with silk creamer

Lunch: asparagus; sauteed mushrooms with bell pepper; sauteed broccoli with garlic; seeded cracker; sweet potatoes; cup of cheap espresso with a little milk to (unsuccessfully) cut the bitterness [from Food Court]

Afternoon snack: an orange and a can of diet Dr. Pepper

Dinner: brussels sprouts with potato gnocchi; small order tofu stir-fry; diet green tea Snapple [from Food Court]

Exercise: none

********************

In a comment (yay! comments!), Walnut asked me how I manage such exotic lunch salads. The answer is: I don't make them. We have a nice place here that sells prepared foods by weight, and many of them are vegan and SBD-appropriate. I eat there almost every weekday. You can get as much or as little as you want, and I usually mix-and-match a few bites of lots of different stuff. These kinds of places aren't as hard to find as you might think. Very nice grocery stores often have great salad bars that are far more than just limp-lettuce-and-tomatoes. Finding such a place makes your life as a vegan *much* more pleasant.

Anyway, so as not to fool anyone into thinking that in order to eat vegan-SBD one must have all the time in the world to prepare bizarre dishes, I'm going to indicate on my daily food lists those meals I didn't prepare for myself.

No comments: