Sunday, March 14, 2004

Phase II, Day 9

********************

Breakfast: 1/2 whole wheat bagel with almond butter mixed with 1 T ground flax seed (this was surprisingly tasty); mug of green tea

Lunch: field greens salad with red & yellow bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, walnuts and hemp oil

Dinner: orange-blueberry smoothie with soy protein and ground flax seed

Late night snack: 1/2 ww bagel with flamegrilled gardenburger, topped with vegannaise and hot mustard; V-8

Late, late night snack: 3 sugar-free popsicles, in an attempt to freeze my throat

Exercise: none

********************

For the past week, I've had an extremely-low grade runny nose. It was so low-grade, and so unaccompanied by any other symptoms, that I figured it was an allergy, and a mild one at that. But today I have a full-fledged sore throat. Often these things go away in a day or two with me, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. But alas, I guess the vegan South Beach way of eating is not a miracle cure (or prevention) for the common cold!

No comments: