Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Phase II, Day 4

********************

Breakfast: eggless eggsalad; V-8; mug of green tea

Lunch: 1 c tomato florentine soup; 1/2 c white bean chili; 1/2 c roasted root vegetables (mostly turnips--I think that's what they were--and carrots) [from Food Court]

Midafternoon snack: V-8; mug of herbal tea

Dinner: tofu stir-fry with cashews, broccoli, etc. [from Food Court]

Late snack: 6 papadums

Exercise: none

********************

Interestingly, I don't seem to be adding many carbs back on Phase II. I guess I got used to eating the other way. I should probably be more careful, especially when it comes to grains. Conventional wisdom has it that you need grains to complement legumes in order to make complete proteins. Doesn't have to be every meal, but you should be getting some at some point... I wonder if this is why my skin has been kind of dry?

No comments: