Sunday, March 28, 2004

Phase 2, Day 22

********************

Breakfast: strawberry/banana/soymilk smoothie with hemp oil; mug of green tea

Lunch: salad of mixed greens, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red bell pepper, pistachios and olive oil/balsamic vinegar

Midafternoon snack: glass of V-8

Dinner: panang curry (Taste of Thai sauce with veggies and tofu); 1 c brown rice; 4 frozen veggie dumplings; diet Snapple lime iced tea

Exercise: none

********************

A friend gave me a bunch of hand-me-downs, including a pair of jeans that are Gap size 4s. They fit. :)

It amazes me how quickly I'm downshifting through jeans sizes. Basically, I've gone down two sizes by losing 7-8 pounds. Is every four pounds really a size? I guess it makes sense; if I were 20 pounds heavier, or 147 pounds, I would be a size 12. And if I were 167 pounds, I'd be a size 16. Etc. It's just that four pounds seems so insubstantial. I mean, I lose or gain four pounds at the drop of a hat. I guess this explains why I need fifty million articles in clothing in as many sizes, to ensure that on any given day I actually have something that fits.

No comments: