Friday, March 12, 2004

Phase II, Day 7

********************

Breakfast: Gardenburger sausage patty with guac; V-8; mug of green tea

Lunch: greens with some kind of mystery salad dressing; green beans; wild rice pilaf; focaccia (pretty sure it was white flour); diet Snapple [catered meal]

"Snack": Diet Dr. Pepper

Dinner: Gardenburger hamburger patty with guac; V-8

Late night snack: 4 papadum

Exercise: none

********************

I'll be weighing and measuring again tomorrow. I'm not expecting much; I don't feel thinner (the size sixes are just as tight as last Saturday), and by my calorie calculations, I should have lost only *about* a pound. Those crazy carbs really do add up fast, mostly because it's so easy to eat so many of them. They just plain don't fill you up like the proteins and fats do, and as a result, adding them back to my diet has resulted in my eating a good 300-600 more calories each day since starting Phase II.

I'm also struck, though, by how often I have been in the position to turn down sweets since starting the SBD. They are abolutely ubiquitous, and because I'm keeping track now, I'm realizing how many more calories I *would* have eaten over the last three weeks, just from sweets alone. The answer is thousands. I'd never realized before what a large percentage of my diet sweets are. Hopefully, my newfound awareness and vigilance won't wear off over time, even after I reach my goal weight.

No comments: