Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Phase II, Day 12

********************

Breakfast: 1/2 whole wheat bagel with almond butter/flax meal spread; mug of black tea

Midmorning snack: a couple stalks of celery with hummus

Lunch: baby lettuce salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, walnuts & hemp oil

Dinner: thai green curry with veggies and tofu, plus 1/2 c brown rice; 2 small vegetable dumplings (dumplings were from frozen, from an asian food market)

Late night snack: half an ounce of pecans

Exercise: 30 minutes on elliptical

********************

My energy seems to have fully returned (both from early stages of the SBD, and from my brief cold), so I'm going to try ramping back up the exercise a bit. I read over how much I'd exercised over the last month, and it was pretty appalling. So I went 30 minutes on the elliptical this evening.

I also started my period today. I didn't have any of my usual warning signs that it was coming: tender breasts, bloated feeling, etc. And my cramps were even milder than usual. Could be a fluke, but it *could* be related to the lower sugar levels in my blood. I have no idea how, but I've heard such reports from other people on this diet.

No comments: